Parts Counter Salesperson
Parts (Eureka Ca. )
Sells heavy duty truck parts and equipment in parts department by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ascertains make, year, and type of part needed, inspects worn, damaged, or defective part to determine replacement required, or advises customer of part needed according to description of malfunction.
- Discusses use and features of various parts.
- Reads catalog, microfiche viewer, or computer for replacement part stock number and price.
- Receives and fills telephone and/or walk in customer orders for parts.
- Fills customer orders from stock.
- Prepares sales slip or sales contract.
- Locates part(s) for customer(s) if not in stock and advises of options, local vendors and freight options.
- Advises customer on substitution or modification of part when replacement is not available.
- Examines returned part to determine if defective, and exchanges part or refunds money.
- Marks and stores parts in stockroom according to prearranged system.
Completes all PACCAR training workbooks.
- Takes inventory of stock.
- Maintains cleanliness of the department. Empties waste baskets, stocks shelves, sweeps/mops floors and maintains working areas/walkways free from safety hazards and obstacles.
COMPETENCY: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Judgment – displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing – prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – meets productivity standards; completes work in a timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security – uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for their own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others attention.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of inventory software and order processing systems.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Clean DMV record and current driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally life and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please contact Troy Magness at: (707) 837-2727 or email@example.com